Every springtime when the shops are full with new summer bags, I start to think about how big is “big enough.” Because when we are there even the biggest one seems too small for me, there is simply no big enough… so I started to think that probably it’s my family and I who complicate this topic.
I thought this year I’d make a list; maybe this time I can be the “clever one!” And we won’t look like a packed caravan in the desert without water, when we go to the beach.
List of NECESSARY things…
I wish I could say that only you and your bikini, but…having a family is a different thing
- Towel for everybody
- Summer hats
- Sun protector cream, stronger for the kids
- Extra swimwear for everybody
- One or two games, toys for the kids – just the ones in small packets (one sandbox toy and one other maybe will be enough)
- Some money
- Maybe one credit card if that’s the easiest – you will know what would work best on the beach resort – cash or card?
- One mobile phone only for taking pictures! Packed in a waterproof and sand proof pocket
- A book or a magazine
- Still water
- Maybe a NANO to play some music – but there’s no nicer sound than the sound of the waves of the sea
- Huge (pocket of) SMILES!!! Doesn’t take up any space!
- Little fruit or vegetable cut into pieces. It is always good for the kids if they can eat something between the main courses – only a small portion.
- Mouthpiece, or diving equipment – if the kids or we want to dive…
Only the list is long; the things are small.
List of absolutely UNNECESSARY things…
- Wallet with all of our money, with all of our ID cards and everything
- More than one phone
- Notebook, tablet, or any kind of electronic device – first of all, they all hate the sand, water, and those bastards who might steal them from us.
- Expensive watch, jewelry, or whatnot
- Expensive bags – sun will destroy them
- Camera – sand can destroy them
- Chocolate or other sweets and melting lollipop – they all hate the sun, and our bags hate them too
- Hundred different kinds of sandbox toys
- Extra towel for everybody (sun will dry the towels in a short time)
- Second outfit
- Fashionable hat
- Robe for the kids
Basically this is the list, although I am sure everybody can put more or take out from this list, but maybe it could be a fine basis for the rest.
The beach is waiting for us!