As the weather changes so can your décor. Here are six beautiful and cost effective ways that you can transform your home for the Autumn season.
Many people like to change up their surroundings from time to time. What better time to change your home’s décor then at the change of each season. As we enter Autumn, there are so many different things that you can do to celebrate this beautiful season. I’m going to share six tips with you now.
- Use accent colors. Warm colors like reds, oranges, and yellows are popular in the Fall season. This is probably because these are the same colors that you see when you look outside at the beautiful trees. If you use these same colors throughout your home, you’ll automatically give it a “Fall” look. Orange and red throw pillows are stunning in most family rooms. Similar colored decorative blankets on beds are also very pretty. And you can even use orange napkins at the kitchen table to incorporate the color scheme into the kitchen too. There are so many ways that you can use Fall colors to accent your home.
- Use pumpkins to decorate inside and outside your home. There are so many things that you can do - so be creative. I like to place serving plates on top of different sized pumpkins to serve appetizers during parties. I also like to put several tiny pumpkins of various sizes on side tables and place candle holders made out of tiny carved out pumpkins throughout the house. This eclectic look is especially becoming in sitting rooms. For the outside of the house, try etching out your house number or your family’s initials into a couple of pumpkins and place them on your steps and porch. It’s such a pretty look.
- And don’t underestimate the power of the wreath. Just adding a colorful wreath to your door can turn the entrance of your home into a beautiful display of Fall fabulousness.
- Vases filled with foliage can create an elegant look for your living room. You can use flowers, colorful leaves, nuts, wheat or any other Autumn inspired foliage to create beautiful decorative pieces for any room in your house. Look at magazines for inspiration!
- Spice up the entryway to your house. Now this is one of my favorite things to do. I like to take pressed leaves and tape them on to craft paper. I then hang the prints (framed or unframed depending upon the look I’m trying to achieve) on the walls at the entryway to my home. This creates a very pretty, Fall inspired entryway to your home. I use pressed leaves tape to craft paper, but if you’re more artsy you could paint the designs on the entryway walls or use stencils to draw the prints. You could even use wall paper. Be creative!
- Another thing that you can do that is often overlooked is quite simple. If you have a fireplace – light it up. Just burning a fire in the fireplace can quickly transform a room from ordinary to Fall fabulous!
There are so many things that you can do to decorate your home for the Fall. Experiment with colors and style until you get the look that suits you and your family best. And I will say it again - don’t be afraid to be creative.